Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Trip to the Wildflower Center!

Today we were on a quest for butterflies! We decided to head down to the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center to see if we could find any! I hadn't been there in years, it was so nice to visit! Here are some photos...

As we walked in there was a VERY LARGE dragonfly there to greet us...


The ants were a little bit scary!


Hello, sweet bluebonnet.


Well, Courtney found a big butterfly! But should she be standing next to it? NO! She walked through a flowerbed to get there. I had to walk very gingerly around tiny plants to rescue her...


My own little bugs under a gorgeous vine...


Some more lovely flora...


Oooh, and some fauna!! Turtles!!


And finally... what we came in search of... one lone little butterfly! Yay for butterflies! (or is it a moth? I have no idea...)


The kids got to pick out a surprise in the giftshop. Courtney was VERY excited about her bugs!


Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Patti B said...

Another magical place!!!!! That huge dragonfly is AWESOME! You are a really good photographer Libby.

sideoats + scribbles said...

YAY! I love the wildflower center!!!! One of my favorite places. :)

And I think your butterfly IS a butterfly! Looks like a skipper!

I gotta get down there and see the paper sculptures! :)