Sunday, March 21, 2010

This day was SNOW much fun!!

We had the most exciting thing happen back in February, and I cannot believe it's taken me this long to blog about it! IT SNOWED!!! I know some of you have had so much snow this winter that you are completely rolling your eyes at me, but trust me, this was a very rare and special treat down here in Austin, Texas! It was only the kids' second time seeing snow EVER - the first time being two Christmases ago in Michigan. So it was a VERY exciting day!! Here are some photos...

The kids at the window watching the snow fall.


Seconds later they would be running around the house yelling "It's snowing!! It's snowing!! It's snowing!!" and seconds after that they would be dressed and ready to go outside and play - the fastest I have EVER managed to get them dressed and into coats & hats!

It was really coming down for a while.


Once we were outside, Carter immediately tried catching the snow with his tongue. Is this just something kids are just programmed to do?


Courtney was unsure once she was out there. That other time she had seen snow in Michigan, she wasn't even 11 months old - she found this white stuff falling from the sky to be quite bizarre.


Meanwhile Carter was trying to catch snow with his bucket, to save for later...


Courtney made her way off the porch but still wasn't convinced...


Carter found a nice deposit of snow on our outdoor table to play in...


We built a little friend for my frogs...


Finally Courtney agreed that it's FUN to play in snow!


She started singing a little song to herself as she marched around in the snow - "It is snowing, it is white. It is snowing, it is white." So cute!

And here's the front of our house on that rare, snowy day.


It really was beautiful - like being in a gigantic snow globe. I think I was just as excited as the kids! Or maybe I was so excited because the kids were so excited. And poor Daddy was in Korea and missed it all!

1 comment:

Laura E. said...

I love this last photo of Courtney! Too cute!