Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Future Chef?

Yesterday I had the TV on, mostly for background noise, as I cleaned the kitchen while Carter and Courtney napped. Carter woke from his nap and wandered into the livingroom. Usually if I have the TV on during the day, it's tuned to CNN or MSNBC - news - and as soon as Carter sees it he begins his usual chant of "I wanna watch thoooooomas!" Well this time I had on the Food Network. He didn't say a word and just plopped down on the couch, intently watching Guy Fieri whip up a "family-style fiesta". Carter loves cooking scrambled eggs with me, the one thing we cook together - and he loves playing with his pretend food and his kitchen, where he's always whipping up his special "birthday parties" - perhaps there is already some passion for cooking and I could have the next Food Network celebrity chef on my hands??? Hmmmm. :-)

No comments: