Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mardi Gras 2011!

On March 8 we did a little celebrating in our house - Mardi Gras! I searched the internet for ideas, and here's what we came up with...

First the kids colored some coloring pages of kings and people in fun masks.


Then they made their own masks! I used small paper plates - cut out the centers to see through - then stapled them together. Popsicle sticks were attached for holding up the masks. I tried to show them how this sort of mask has just one stick, but they both insisted on having two. :-) First they painted their masks...


Then they attached all sorts of feathers, pompoms and glitter!


I should have taken a photo of them holding up their finished masks, standing in front of the wall we decorated with their coloring pages, but alas, I did not.

We rounded out the afternoon with the baking of "king cakes" - but I was too lazy to make REAL king cake so instead we did some cupcake decorating. Here's Courtney with her super sugary creations!


Laissez le bon temps rouler! Or as us non-Cajuns would say, let the good times roll! :-)

No comments: